Interlibrary Loan (ILL) for Genealogy Research in Juneau, Alaska
From a presentation by Stephanie Yates at the January 31, 2004 Gastineau Genealogical Society Meeting
Used to order books or periodicals from participating libraries outside of Juneau.
1. Access the Juneau Library website at home or at the Library.
2. Under "Search Our Databases," select OCLC (Books).
Authorization: Password may be obtained at the Family History Center in Juneau or from one of the local Juneau libraries.
Password: Password may be obtained at the Family History Center in Juneau or from one of the local Juneau libraries.
3. Now the FirstSearch Home page should be seen with these available databases.
ECO: Journal Articles
3. Select the WorldCat database to search.
4. Record the info needed to complete the ILL request form (paper form is also available at local Juneau libraries).
Print the result screen (not necessary)
6. On the request include the surnames being searched, specific pages desired, or a description of the info wanted.
5. Turn in to one of Juneau's libraries.
6. Wait, usually 2-4 weeks, for a phone call to pick-up your request.
7. Five requests can be completed at one time.